I have spent my week writing. By the look of things around here on my blog, you would call me a liar. My words have come out in a paper for school, journaling for my self and a book that insists it needs to write itself. Odd how words work. I get a feeling that I need to write. It is a strong as the need for food, sleep or warmth. i sit at my kitchen table in front of my window and words pour out of me as if I opened the faucet. Yet my blog does not seem to reap the benefit.
I am a regular reader to Red’s Wrap. I quite like her point of view and her stories. She seems to be going through a bit of writer’s block and was inspired by Ernest Hemingway. I mostly like the idea of Hemingway in the way I favor ideas of other great writers. I do not necessarily enjoy all his work but some of it speaks to me. Red’s Wrap to this line from Hemingway,
All you have to do is write one true sentence.
One true sentence is suppose to inspire you to write more. She wrote several sentences and I wanted to learn more, although she did not expand on the thought. It is a interesting concept for starting a story, book or blog post. I suspect many writers start with this idea. I did with the book that is writing itself. One line that led me to thousands of words that race across the page.
I decided I would take a stab at writing several true sentences. It is harder than it sounds, but here are my truths:
- I prefer to live in dreams than in reality.
- Being incompatible does not mean someone is the villan.
- I am not confident that I know what my best is.
- Happy is hard to attain.
- Not being happy does not imply you are the opposite, there is a place of in between where many emotions go to live.
- I like to smell objects kept from my children’s childhood.
- Silence is decadent
- Water calms my spirit while mountains energize me.
- I desire more than fine.
- The best sound to my ears is a child’s laugh
- I have 3 tiny brass angels I hold when I need to feel close to my great grandma.
These are my truths, care to share yours?