I just came back from a meeting that sets me on a new journey. The goal is life changing. It was an emotional meeting, but an excellent one. It got me thinking about my life in ways I have been avoiding. With all that thinking came the emotional junk that makes my nose stuffy. I look around me and my real friends and my blogger friends and even some family all seem to be going through some sort of life changing occurrence. We seem to be all hitting the same dark cloud for a period in time when we would rather be hoping down main street in Disneyland. Okay, I know it’s really just me who wants to be in Disneyland, but still…we all seem to be looking for something to lift our spirits for a while. Julie Andrews sang about her things. I wordled my things. Both work to brighten up my days.
So her is my list, The Edmonton Tourist Top 7 things that brighten my day! (I wanted it to be 11 things but I am stumped for that many things! How sad is that?)
- Music! The Blackeyed Peas showed up on my way home in my ipod rotation. I sang along and when I sing, I feel happier!
- Sunshine! Here in Edmonton the snow just does not want to stop. Grey days have become an everyday occurrence for a city that receives a ton of sunshine ever winter. On my way to work the sunrise made me smile. I need to remember what it looks like in-case it snows again (or rains) tomorrow.
- Venti Extra Hot Skinny Vanilla Latte. I haven’t had one on my way to work in a very long time. The smell and taste makes me smile. I am stopping tomorrow on my way to work!
- Vegetarian Cuisine! The men in my family are all about meat, more specifically, all things cow. ChatterBox and I just do not feel the same. Yet her is me cooking for them and fitting us into the rotation. I am starting to HATE to cook MEAT. I don’t mind eating it but cooking it brings me down. The men were away for dinner and ChatterBox and I had veg stir fry with edamame beans. So good. I want Vegetarian almost every day. I think I might give up meat for lent again.
- Reading! Reading for fun doesn’t happen very often anymore. My life is filled with reading for school. I am going to take 30min before bed every night to read for me.
- Podcasts! I use to listen to podcasts everyday on my commute to and from work. I listen to some very funny travel ones. I am downing loading some as I type this. I am hoping Len Testa is back and will make me laugh.
- Tiffany! I love to browse through the Tiffany and Co. website. I do this at lunch at work if my day is less than stellar. All those shiny things make me happy.
I need help. Give me little things I can do to make my day brighter. 4 more should do it!