I have the Rainy Day blahs. You know what they are, drizzle days with no spark. It has been gray for a few days and it really brings my mood down. On the first day, I enjoy puling out snuggly sweaters, tucking in the cozy couch and listening to the rain. But several days of it and I am feeling the BLAHS. I have no reason to feel this way and it kind of annoys me because I have been riding the Tourist high for a while. School is working out, I have my books, cracked them open and started reading. Working is going smoothly. My kids transition into school has been great. I leave soon for Paris. I am reconecting with friends. So why the BLAHS? I blame the gray sky. So to cheer me up I am making a list of my Top 11 Favorite Funny Movie Quotes. I need a laugh and a smile. Just thinking about these moments sends my honey and I into a fit of giggles. So, pop some popcorn and grab a bag of licorice and lets reminisce!
The Edmonton Tourist’s Top 11 Favorite Funny Movie Quotes!
- Some Like it Hot: Jack Lemmon kills me every time!!!! ( as an aside, have you ever noticed that the hotel in this movie looks like the Grand Floridian in Walt Disney World?)
Jerry: Have I got things to tell you!
Joe: What happened?
Jerry: I’m engaged!
Joe: Congratulations! Who’s the lucky girl?
Jerry: I am!
2. There is Something about Mary: Really there was something about Ted!!
Mary’s Step Father to Ted: How did you get the beans above the frank?
3. Young Frankenstein: Poor lovable Igor… This scene makes my Honey howl with laughter just thinking about it.
Dr. Frankenstein: What is the name on the jar?
Dr. Frankenstein: Abby who?
Igor: Abby Normal
4.The Hangover: I am thankful Allan is not my brother-in-law…
Allan: Counting cards isn’t illegal it is just frowned upon…like masturbating on an airplane.
5. Couples Retreat: The Yoga instructor made me cry.
Yoga instructor: So I will transfer you my energy. I will transfer my karma. Here is my Karma on you.
Seriously more funny with the visual. But I can picture it, so just as funny in my head.
6. Monty Python The Meaning of Life: Organ Donation.
Organ Donor: But I am not done with my Liver!
7. Galaxy Quest: Hilarious if you are a Star Trek Fan or know a Star Trek Fan!!
Gwen DeMarco: Quick! Let’s get out of here before they kill Guy!
8. Notting Hill: Who doesn’t love Spike the greasy little roommate of Hugh Grant?
Spike: Just going into the kitchen to get some food, then I am going to tell you a story that will shrink your balls to the size of raisins.
9. Bridget Jones Diary: Sometimes you need to think before you speak.
Bridget Jones answering her phone: Wanton Sex Goddess with a very bad man between her thighs… MOM!!!
10. Monty Python and the Holy Grail: every second of it is funny, but this cracks me up and it was carried into Spamalot.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
11. The Hangover: I know, I know, I already listed it but Allan is just a gem when it comes to quotes.
Allan: Just a pack of wolves roaming in the desert looking for strippers and cocaine.
Okay, I am feeling WAY BETTER! How about you? Please share your favorite movie moments…I can ALWAYS use a laugh. Besides, we seem to be traveling together in this tour group, it is always so much more funnier when shared with friends!